Any person who feels he/she has unjustly received a parking citation may file a parking appeal.
- Parking Citations must be appealed within ninety (90) business days of issuance.
- Appeals will not be accepted unless they are submitted through CARS or via e-mail on the proper form (found below) with the parking citation attached. The form must be completed in its entirety. It is the motorist’s responsibility to obtain a copy of the lost or misplaced citation. Copies of a lost citation may be requested from the Office of Student Accounts.
- Appeals will be handled in accordance with TCNJ’s Citation Appeals Board procedures.
How do I file an appeal?
Log into your CARS account and click on the “Outstanding Citations” link. If the ticket you wish to appeal is not on your CARS account, or you do no have a CARS account, complete a Citation Appeal Form.
If the PDF form does not open correctly, please try using a different internet browser.
What happens once I file an Appeal?
- In-person appellants will receive an e-mail stating when their scheduled appointment time is.
- Appellants will be notified of the board’s decision by e-mail–Please allow at least one week for the results to be e-mailed.
- If your appeal is upheld (denied), payment must be made by the date specified in your decision letter. Payments can be made in person at the Office of Student Accounts or online through your PAWS account.
- If you have already paid your citation and it is subsequently dismissed, you will receive a refund from the Office of Student Accounts.
- While a citation is under appeal, it is considered unpaid pending the decision of the Citation Appeals Board, and should be paid in order to avoid registration and transcript hold flags being placed on your account. THE DECISION OF THE CITATION APPEALS BOARD IS FINAL.
Appeals Board Committee Meetings for 2014-2015
- September 17, 2014
- October 22, 2014
- December 3, 2014
- February 18, 2015
- March 25, 2015
- April 22, 2015
Meetings are held Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
If you are filing to appeal in-person, you will be scheduled a specific time to appear before the Citation Appeals Board.
Please allow at least one week after your scheduled meeting for the decision to be e-mailed to you.
Location: Green Hall, Room 14