Any person who feels he/she has unjustly received a parking citation may file a parking appeal.
- Appeals must be filed within ninety (90) days of the issuance of the citation.
- Appeals will not be accepted unless they are submitted through CARS or via e-mail on the proper form (found below) with the parking citation attached. The form must be completed in its entirety. It is the motorist’s responsibility to obtain a copy of the lost or misplaced citation. Copies of a lost citation may be requested from the Office of Student Accounts.
- Appeals will be handled in accordance with TCNJ’s Citation Appeals Board procedures.
How do I file an appeal?
Log into your CARS account and click on the “Outstanding Citations” link. If the ticket you wish to appeal is not on your CARS account, or you do no have a CARS account, complete a Citation Appeal Form.
If the PDF form does not open correctly, please try using a different internet browser.
What happens once I file an Appeal?
- In-person appellants will receive an e-mail stating when their scheduled appointment time is.
- Appellants will be notified of the board’s decision by e-mail–Please allow at least one week for the results to be e-mailed.
- If your appeal is upheld (denied), payment must be made in accordance with the billing calendar for the semester. Payments can be made in person at the Office of Student Accounts or online through your PAWS account.
- If you have already paid your citation and it is subsequently dismissed (approved), the fee will be removed from your PAWS account and you will receive a refund from the Office of Student Accounts if there are no other outstanding charges. Visitors who have paid their citation will get a refund check in the mail approximately three to four weeks after the appeals meeting.
- While a citation is under appeal, it is considered outstanding pending the decision of the Citation Appeals Board, and should be paid in order to avoid registration and transcript hold flags being placed on your account.
- THE DECISION OF THE CITATION APPEALS BOARD IS FINAL.
Appeals Board Committee Meetings for 2015-2016
- September 30, 2015
- October 28, 2015
- December 2, 2015
- February 17, 2016
- March 23, 2016
- April 20, 2016
Meetings are held Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m..
If you are filing to appeal in-person, you will be scheduled a specific time to appear before the Citation Appeals Board.
Please allow at least one week after your scheduled meeting for the decision to be e-mailed to you.
Location: Green Hall, Room 14