Any person who feels he/she has unjustly received a parking citation may file a parking citation appeal.
- [EFFECTIVE: 07/11/2017] Appeals must be filed within thirty (30) days of the issuance of the citation.
- For TCNJ Students/Faculty/Staff: appeal forms will ONLY be accepted if they are submitted online through the CARS portal. The form must be completed in its entirety. Should you wish to appeal in person or submit images, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your citation information and a screenshot of your submitted appeal form through CARS.
- For Visitors/Guests: appeal forms will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com or dropped off in-person in Green Hall, Room 119. The form must be completed in its entirety and the parking citation must be attached. It is the motorist’s responsibility to obtain a copy of the lost/misplaced citation. Copies of the lost/misplaced citation may be requested from the Office of Student Accounts.
- Appeals will be handled in accordance with TCNJ’s Citation Appeals Boards procedure.
How do I file an appeal?
Log into your account through the CARS portal https://parkit.tcnj.edu/pls/bosscars/bosscars.bosscars_login and click on the “Outstanding Citations” link. If the citation you wish to appeal is not on your CARS account or you do not have a CARS account, please contact the Parking Services manager at 609-771-3144 for further direction.
Please complete the PDF version of the Citation Appeal Form found here: Citation Appeal Form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person at Green Hall Room 119. If the PDF form does not open correctly, please try using a different internet browser.
What happens once I file an appeal?
- In-person appellants will receive an e-mail stating their scheduled hearing time.
- Appellants will be notified of the board’s decision by e-mail. Please allow at least one week for the results to be e-mailed.
- If your appeal is UPHELD (DENIED) and you have not yet paid, payment must be made in accordance with the College’s policy and procedure. For TCNJ Students/Faculty/Staff, payments can be made in person at the Office of Student Accounts in Green Hall Room 119 via cash/check or online through your PAWS account. For Visitors/Guests, payments can be made in person at the Office of Student Accounts in Green Hall Room 119 via cash/check/credit card or checks can be sent via mail to the following address:
The College of New Jersey
Office of Student Accounts
Green Hall Room 119
PO Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628
- If you have already paid your citation and it is subsequently DISMISSED (APPROVED), the fee will be removed from your PAWS account and you will receive a refund from the Office of Student Accounts if there are no other outstanding charges. Visitors who have already paid their citation will get a refund check in the mail approximately three to four weeks after the appeals meeting.
- While a citation is under appeal, it is considered outstanding pending the decision of the Citation Appeals Board and should be paid in order to avoid registration and transcript holds being placed on your account.
- ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE CITIATIONS APPEAL BOARD ARE MADE BY MAJORITY VOTE AND ARE FINAL.
Appeals Board Committee Meetings for 2017-2018
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Meetings are held Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m in the Administrative Services Building (ASB), Room 103.
If you filing an in-person appeal, please arrive on time for your scheduled hearing and wait outside ASB, Room 103 until you are called for your appeal.